Remember the Tex Mex “Rice” I shared with y’all last week? Well that was the jumping off point for this “recipe.” I say “recipe” because basically all I did was take last week’s rice recipe and dumb a buncha stuff on it. This buncha stuff happened to be Tex Mex inspired– fajita veggies, avocado, cilantro, salsa, etc.
Chipotle is awesome and all, but my kitchen is much closer to my couch.
Now, you don’t have to take the south of the border route with this dish. In fact, you can leave your “rice” uncooked and plain in your fridge, scooping, cooking, and seasoning as your tastebuds desire.
But, uh, whose tastebuds don’t desire burritos? On to the recipe!
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3-4 ounces rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- In a medium skillet coated with oil or nonstick spray, begin cooking the onions and bell peppers over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cauliflower rice, cooking for 5-7 more minutes until heated and cooked through.
- Toss in the fresh cilantro and rotisserie chicken, cooking until heated.
- Place the chicken and rice mix in a bowl, and top with avocado, yogurt, salsa, and any other desired garnish!