It’s the second day of fall, which means I’m already a day late posting a pumpkin recipe.
These pumpkin (!!!) honey muffins were my first foray into baking with coconut flour, and I was not disappointed with the results. The muffins are soft and light, with just a kick of that fall pumpkin spice flavor, made all the better with a spread of almond butter. Trust me, I’m a seasoned expert on this.
And while these muffins aren’t necessarily low calorie, they are full of wholesome ingredients that will help you feel ok about eating a pre-9 am pastry. If you’re still concerned, fret not, as I am working on a recipe variation that swaps out some of the honey and coconut oil for banana and/or unsweetened applesauce.
In other words, if calorie control is your M.O, I’m still your girl. Plus, decreasing the sugar and fat content makes room for mix-ins like walnuts and chocolate chips. Ever heard the saying that when one door closes, a window opens?
Dream big, Petite Professionals.
* Recipe *
Pumpkin Honey Muffins
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Serves: 12
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Grease the cups of a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs together. Add melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and honey. Whisk well to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together your coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sea salt until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, gently folding with a rubber spatula to combine. Batter should be slightly lumpy when you’re done.
- Evenly distribute muffin batter among the 12 cups of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: 176 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 10 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 4 g