After all that talk about work, I think it’s time for a drink.
While y’all probably don’t need much convincing about how awesome infused alcohol is, let’s just quickly discuss why flavoring your own liquor is a more petite option than going the store-bought route. We’ve all seen cupcake vodka and blueberry rum… Actually, I’m making these up, but I’m sure they exist. Anyway, these flavored bottles are full of artificial yuckiness and added sugar. Plus, when you sip on one of those, you’re basically signing on the dotted line, committing to a hangover the next day. Yack.
And I’m not saying that homemade infused liquor (or liquor at all) is a prerequisite for health. Obviously there are healthier liquids to imbibe, you know, like water. But I’m a big proponent of health through balance and mental sanity, and sometimes balance and mental sanity come in the form of a homemade Petite Pineapple & Jalapeño Margarita.
I can’t take credit for the infusion concoction you’re about to see. I whipped this together during my Tuesday evening happy hour, reading the recipe from my Intel Tablet. Having a hands free “cookbook” of sorts in the kitchen is clutch when you’re dealing with jalapeños. Seriously, when dealing with these spicy peppers, keep your hands inside the ride at all times.
* Recipe *
Pineapple & Jalapeño Infused Tequila
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Total time: 15 mins
- 750 mL tequila
- 1-2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2-3 fresh jalapeños
- Slice the jalapeños; remove the seeds for a more mellow heat, leave them in for maximum fire.
- Add the pineapple chunks and jalapeño slices to a wide-mouthed glass container.
- Add in tequila, gently shake, and store somewhere dark and cool.
- After two days, remove the jalapeños, leaving the pineapple to sit for 1-4 more days; taste along the way to extract your optimal level of flavor.
- Strain the tequila and enjoy! Refrigerate when not “in use.”
- To turn this infusion into a Petite Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita, simply take 1 shot of the tequila, add 4 fl. oz. of sparkling water and a squeeze of lime. Serve up in a salt + cayenne-rimmed glass!
#spoon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Intel. This could include the Intel Corporation providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.