Now that your fridges and pantries are all stocked with yesterday’s short & sweet grocery list, it’s time to get cooking! The versatility of this dish makes it one of my go-tos. You can add any veggies you’d like to this dish, and if you want to top it with avocado or a fried egg, I won’t hate on ya.
Let’s get into the recipe!
* Recipe *
(Paleo) Recipe Week Day 1: Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 45 mins
- Serves: 1 serving
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil (or your cooking oil of choice)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-4 ounces ground chicken
- 1/2 cooked spaghetti squash
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- salt & pepper to taste
- If you didn’t already cook your spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and place cut side down on a baking sheet coated in avocado oil; bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until the flesh can be easily scooped with a fork.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat with avocado oil.
- Add the diced onion and carrot, cooking until sightly softened.
- Add the bell pepper and mushrooms, cooking for a few more minutes.
- Sprinkle the veggies with garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Push the veggies to one side of the pan, and add the ground chicken.
- Cook and crumble the chicken, and then incorporate the veggies and cooked spaghetti squash.
- Add the coconut aminos, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!