You guys, I promise I still eat veggies. After taking a brief look at my most recent posts on Instagram, I realize that this is probably a necessary disclaimer. Veggies are still an important part of my life. But so are cookies.
(You can read all about this day here.)
This recipe came about as many do– following an extended session on Pinterest. I haphazardly pinned it and then returned to the actual recipe hours later. After a brief scan of the ingredients, I realized that I had the good fortune of having everything on hand already. This, my friends, is what we call fate.
But really, if Pinterest is like the online dating scene for recipes, I feel like we’re that success story your mom is always reminding you of.
“Why don’t you just join Match/JDate/Tinder, dear? That’s how Bev’s daughter met Dave! And now they’re married! And EXPECTING A BAAAABY!”
So why are these cookies so great? Why do I feel like I’ve found my dessert lobster? A few reasons:
- Short and simple ingredient list
- Said ingredient list is wholesome (for an occasional treat)
- Comes together quickly and easily
- Freezes beautifully, so you can have cookies for daaaaays
And as enamored as I am by this cookie recipe, I don’t think it’s the love story my mom will care to share with her friends. Cookies are a legitimate consolation prize though, right?
* Recipe *
(Paleo) Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Total time: 20 mins
- Serves: 15 cookies
- 1 cup nut butter (I used cashew)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (seek soy free/dairy free if strict Paleo)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add nut butter and coconut sugar, stirring until well combined.
- Add in egg, egg yolk, vanilla, baking soda, and salt; fold until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips and refrigerate dough for at least 15 minutes.
- Using a scoop or your hands, create 1-2″ balls and place on your cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes; let them cool for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet and placing on a rack to cool completely.