It was an eating weekend.
Do you know the type? You go Friday night through Sunday afternoon without registering the feeling of hunger. It’s like your ghrelin is taking a little PTO.
Between my little sister’s graduation and the wedding of two friends, there were few moments this weekend that you’d find me without a fork, spoon, or pastry in hand.
By Sunday evening I was sleepy, bloated, and (somehow, miraculously, unbelievably) hungry for something light, fresh, and summer-inspired.
And that, my friends, is how the recipe for this Honey Lime Shrimp Salad was made.
* Recipe *
Honey Lime Shrimp Salad
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Total time: 35 mins
- Serves: 1 serving
- 4-6 shrimp, peeled and deveined; I used Whole Catch frozen shrimp from WFM
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil (or any high heat oil of choice)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 3-4 cups lacinato kale, torn from the stem into bite size pieces
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 4 thinly sliced radishes
- 1 large basil leaf, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients; taste and add more sriracha and/or honey to taste.
- Toss in shrimp (fresh or frozen); refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Whisk together all salad dressing ingredients and pour over kale. Massage in with your fingers until kale has wilted slightly.
- Toss in the remaining salad ingredients.
- In a small pan coated with oil, cook the shrimp over medium heat until white and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Top salad with freshly cooked shrimp and enjoy!