Well that (^) was a mouthful. This dessert is multi-faceted in name, but straight up delicious in taste.
My view on treats like this has really evolved since my Slender Student days. I used to look for calorie hacks to make dessert something I could eat every night without going over my (sad and low) calorie “budget” for the day. Translation? Every sweet bite that passed my lips was a low-cal, chemical sh*tstorm. Blegh.
Nowadays, I focus on indulging when I want and, when I can, I prepare these indulgences from wholesome ingredients. This way, I get to enjoy real, dark chocolate and none of that freaky deaky stuff.
Full credit for this recipe goes to My New Roots. As soon as I saw the pictures and simple list of ingredients, I needed these in my kitchen stat. More specifically, I needed them in my cast iron skillet. You can put them in whatever you want. Namely, your mouth.
* Recipe *
Grain-Free Chocolate Chunk Cashew Butter Blondies
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 35 mins
- Serves: 12
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate (70% or higher), roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the cashew butter and fold until incorporated.
- Add the coconut sugar, sea salt, baking soda, and fold to combine.
- Add half of the chopped chocolate to the mix and stir in.
- Press the dough into your cast iron skillet, spreading it until it’s no less than 1/2″ thick. It’s ok if it doesn’t reach the edges.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chopped chocolate over the dough and bake for 15-20 minutes .