This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StartWithJifPowder #CollectiveBias
As expected, 2016 has been a whirlwind so far. Work has been exceptionally crazy and I’m looking forward to a slightly calmer February, which will allow me to settle back into my routine that includes both regular exercise and the occasional home cooked meal. It doesn’t take a dietitian/food blogger to tell you that a salad is a sure fire way to feel like you’re getting back on track, but I’m probably just the person to teach you how to do it in a way that’s easy, flavorful, and incredibly delicious. As with any salad, the dressing can make or break it from both a nutritional and taste perspective. Thanks to the addition of Jif Peanut Powder, we’ve got both on lock.
Ok, maybe you’re not as excited about this salad as I am. I get it, salad has earned itself a pretty poor reputation. It’s often boring and unsatisfying, a deprived dieter’s go-to. On the other end of the spectrum, salads can be tasty but loaded with calorie-laden ingredients like croutons, candied nuts, cheese, and high fat dressing. If you ask me, I’d rather have a burger.
This salad, though. This salad’s different. I’ve packed it with a ton of crunchy, fresh, high fiber ingredients that will delight your tastebuds and keep you full. The addition of a tangy Sesame Peanut Dressing ties it all together and prevents any sad face salad feels. The key to this dressing is the aforementioned Jif Peanut Powder. This epic addition contains only one ingredient, peanuts, which have been dehydrated to remove the oil, leaving ’em with an incredibly low 70 calories per 3 tablespoon serving.
- 1/4 cup Jif Peanut Powder
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- juice of one lime
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4-5 cups broccoli slaw
- 4-5 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 cups snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 basil leaves, julienned
- optional toppings: hard boiled egg, avocado, peanuts, cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together your dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Give the dressing a taste and adjust for your preferences– for more peanut flavor, add more Peanut Powder; for more spice, add sriracha or more chili flakes; for a little sweetness, add honey or maple syrup.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the broccoli slaw, Romaine, snap peas, and bell pepper.
- Drizzle your desired amount of dressing, and top with basil and other additional toppings.
If savory isn’t your thing, fret not. I’ve been stirring this stuff into my oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and weekend protein pancakes whenever I have the urge to scoop a heaping tablespoon (or three) of nut butter into my face. I encourage you to do the same.
And in case you’re wondering where you can find this stuff of nut butter magic, simply stroll down your international aisle (or wherever peanut butter is found) at your local Walmart!
Yes, you can have your restaurant-level-tasty-salad and eat it too (topped with a flavor-packed dressing to boot)! What will you do with your Jif Peanut Powder?