Part of the human experience is knowing when to take the long road and when to take a shortcut. For example, seeing your favorite band live is far more of an experience than listening to their new album in your car. Fresh squeezed orange juice is leaps and bounds better than the stuff from concentrate. A hand written thank you letter means a lot more than an email or text.On the other hand, sometimes you just need mascara, not a full face of make up. Afterlight is a much more efficient tool for editing photos than Photoshop. A headband, baseball cap, or dry shampoo is a faster dirty hair solution than, say, a shower.
So while I’m not going to offer you my bottle of Batiste for brunettes, I will be handing off a super simple, single-serving recipe that’s perfect for a Tuesday evening. All you’ll need is five ingredients, one pan, a spatula, a cutting board, and a knife. A plate or bowl is optional, and I won’t tell if you eat it straight from the pan.
* Recipe *
Chicken Sausage & Peppers Over Easy
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Total time: 20 mins
- Serves: 1
- 1 chicken sausage link, sliced (I like Aidell’s or Applegate Farms)
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 medium avocado
- coconut oil or cooking spray
- Grease a medium skillet with coconut oil or cooking spray and cook onions and bell peppers over medium heat.
- Once the veggies have softened, add the sliced sausage and cook until lightly charred on the outside.
- Push the veggies and sausage to the side and cook your fried egg to desired doneness.
- Spoon the veggies and sausage into a bowl and top with the fried egg and avocado. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 recipe Calories: 354 Fat: 24 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Fiber: 5 g Protein: 20 g