Nothing is certain in life besides death and taxes. And that weekday mornings are rough, and pumpkin pie is delicious.
While I can’t do much about those first two, I know just the way to make your AMs easier and more fall-flavored. These Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats are super easy to stir together the evening before a fast paced morning, and will fuel you through lunch.
The key to a filling breakfast is making sure you balance your carbs with protein and/or fat. This bowl has all three macronutrients– protein from the Greek yogurt, carbs from the oats and pumpkin, and healthy fat from the almond butter.
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- splash of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- In a bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt, pumpkin, oats, and milk until combined.
- Add in the spices and stir to combine.
- Top with a dollop of almond butter and refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy in the AM with a sprinkle of granola and cup of coffee!